West Chester Housing
Railton Supportive Housing Program
Mission Statement of RSHP
The Railton Supportive Housing Program is a program of The Salvation Army of West Chester. Its mission is to provide safe, affordable permanent housing, and a range of supportive services to assist participants in maintaining life and housing stability.Core Values
Single males, 18 years of age or older.Occupancy Maximum
Six single rooms.On-site Housing Support
House Man on site.Criteria for Interview
- EmploymentCurrently employed
- Able to pay 30% of gross monthly income for rent PLUS submit 20% of income to savings.
- Provide most recent, consecutive paystubs to document active employment for at least one month
- Provide two forms of identification, one must be a photo ID
- Provide documentation for other sources of income and non-cash benefits
- Positive attitude
- Able to get along and co-exist with others
- Zero tolerance for drug or alcohol use
- Not convicted of sexual criminal acts
- Must have at least two weeks' supply of any prescribed medication
- Review criteria
- If criteria are met, call Social Services Department to schedule an interview. Interviews are from 10:00am to 12 noon and 1:00pm to 3:00pm, Monday to Thursday. Interviews consist of initial interview with case worker and second interview with Director, Social Services.
- Rent and key deposit payments are due (two seperate money orders) prior to occupancy.