Guided by faith in God and love for all people, The Salvation Army has served the physical and spiritual needs of humankind since 1865, today we continue this mission in over 100 countries.
Beginning at Ivy House in Philadelphia, The Salvation Army Children’s Services has been caring for the special needs of children since 1915. We serve Southeast Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley, providing foster care, visit coaching, parent education, adoption and post adoption services.
As a foster parent or adoptive parent with our program, you will receive close, personalized attention from caring staff and ongoing support throughout your journey.
- We are ranked in the top 5% of children’s service agencies monitored by the State of Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, scoring 100% on all agency audit requirements for both our Allentown and Harleysville offices for the past three years in a row.
- 95% of our foster children stay with just one family--- rather than being transferred between multiple families --- as commonly happens in some agencies.
- Smaller program size and case load means we will spend more time getting to know you and providing the services you need
- Experienced, compassionate staff
- Ongoing, personalized support: throughout the foster and adoption process and beyond, we provide resources, advice and care
Florence Rhue - Director of Children's Services
Sue Shotwell - Placement Services Director
Sindy Berner - Community Resource Specialist
Sue Burnside - Visitation Coordinator
Julie Farnsworth - Permanency Coordinator
Stacy Flick - Family and Permanency Specialist
Angie Gillen - Outreach Coordinator
Kailey Graver - Visit Coach
Nicole Hirschman - Foster Care Caseworker
Robyn Hubbard - Visit Coach
Stefanie Niemira- Foster Care and Permanency Caseworker
Call us for more information or click here to contact us by email
The Salvation Army's
Foster Care & Adoption